The City of Alma Fire Department is a volunteer system with 30 well-trained firefighters.
They are responsible for providing efficient and effective delivery of fire, medical, rescue, and life safety emergency services within City limits. Emergency services are delivered from four strategically located fire stations in the City. The department participates in a mutual aid program and responds to calls outside the city limits.
The Fire Department also strives to improve the quality of life for City residents by providing public education, code enforcement, and ongoing training for the volunteer firefighters.
- Reduce and prevent the loss of life and property damage
- Improve the outcome of patients
- Quickly rescue trapped victims
- Protect the environment from destruction
Why does a fire truck show up when I call for EMS?
- In the case of life-threatening emergency, we will dispatch a fire truck along with an EMS unit to provide extra assistance since all of our personnel are trained to provide at least Basic Life Support.
What can I legally burn and when can I burn it?
- No outside burning is allowed within the City Limits of Alma.
What is your response time?
- Our average response time within City limits is five minutes.